VK3RSW Mount Richmond 2m repeater now on air.
On October 15th, after almost 4 years of planning, negotiations and testing, the VK3RSW 2m repeater at Mount Richmond, NW of Portland, has been finally commissioned. With a RF link to The Bluff, the SE network has now been greatly expanded to include the coastal towns of Portland & Port Fairy, and inland to Heywood and Hamilton. This now extends the coverage area to over 400km from end to end.
The following are some of those that have contributed to this project.
- Peter VK5BE Project leader
- Nick VK5NJS Steelwork, fabrication, welding and painting
- Brian VK5VI Assembly of 2m repeater and link equipment
- John VK5DJ Repeater controller and cavity tuning
- Steve VK3ZAZ Donation of stacked dipole antenna
- Leith VK5FLAR Donation of link yagi antenna
- Owen VK5HOS Donation of solar panels and batteries
- Ron VK5AKJ Donation of solar controller
- James VK3JBM IT support
- Tim VK3TIM Site coordinator
Also, we wish to thank the following businesses
- Multi-Metals for supplying all the steelwork
- Aussie Broadband for the donation of the low loss coaxial cable
- Baxter Hire for the use of their cherry-picker
Early signal reports indicate that the coverage has exceeded expectation.
We now look forward to an increase in traffic on the expanded linked network.